Consultations and Mentoring:
Sasha is available for individual consultations with photographers in person or via Skype as well as long term mentoring. Prices for consults and mentoring are worked out on a sliding scale to accommodate people of different means. Consultations can be as straight forward as in-depth critique of work -with or without specific editing guidance- or can expand to include information regarding the navigation of the art world in general. Consultations can be one session, once a month, or once a week (mentoring). Any type of work session can be tailored to the individual photographer’s needs. Some of the topics covered during consultations may include:
- How does your work fit in to the larger contemporary art scene?
- What is the best outlet for your work? Gallery exhibition, book, museum exhibition?
- How does one determine size, edition numbers, and pricing of one’s work?
- How does one go about finding the right gallery to approach?
- What is the best way to present your work?
- What can you expect from a relationship with a gallerist or publisher? Who pays for what? Are there contracts involved?
Book Project Development:
As the print market contracts ( thanks a lot Instagram!) more and more photographers are depending on the photo book to introduce their work to a wider audience. Sasha is available to consult on book projects, including editing and sequencing, the production of a high-quality book dummy and/or a spec budget for publication. For more pricing or general information please email firstname.lastname@example.org